Friday, April 6, 2012

This caricature was requested for a Kindergarten teacher from all the kids in her class!
This caricature requested for a Principal who was retiring and was the hardest piece I've done so far. This caricature had to encorporate most of this lady's teaching life and drawing every single element was looking messy. I took a trip to Spotlight and discoverd the many pieces that scrapbookers use to create their albums. I had a field day let me tell you , and, no, i won't be starting scrapbooking after this! I bought little felt frames, wood frames, little bags as she travels alot, little books and pencils and the lamp post was just perfect as a signpost of all the places she's taught at or lived at. The background papers available just helped to pull it all together. The actual caricature was drawn seperately and is attached to the board with double sided thick foam tape that raises it a little from the background paper. The whole piece about a 11"x14" size, was placed in a black frame and is quite a spectacular piece if I say so m'self!



This caricature was fun to draw as the brief explained this guy loves to shop and wanted to look a little more oriental. He also wants to own a 'Red Dog' so I added that element into a luxurious bag with bling!
This was drawn with pastel and coloured pencils.






No comments:

Post a Comment