Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gosford Art Prize 2011




I was thinking about leaving this painting up on my wall for a while as I had entered in 2 art shows previously over 10mths when I thought I'd enter it in the Gosford Art Prize with a thought it would automatically go into The Overflow Exhibition. Never thinking the unthinkable...I went to the opening of The Gosford Art Prize and upon walking around the gallery...THERE IT WAS! Yes..it was hanging on the wall at the Gosford Regional Art Gallery. Well a little 'jump' and a quiet scream of excitement got me realising..I, Cat Soper, FINALLY have my first ever painting hanging in a gallery being judged a finalist in the Gosford Art Prize. Apparently there were over 600 artworks submitted and only 165 were judged to hang in the gallery. So there it is and it hangs in the gallery until November 27, 2011. Amazing momentous moment..yay! Oh by the way this framed painting is done with watercolour and gold leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment