Friday, October 19, 2012

Blue Gum Art Show 2012

 The Blue Gum Art Show was fabulous this year with many new artists choosing to exhibit their artworks here. As I was coordinating it again this year I certainly found it a little easier third time round and did much more advertising to get people to attend. Advertising was done on 101.3SeaFM, Coast Arts community radio, Central Coast Express newspaper and various businesses helped to display entry forms and posters. I set up a facebook page last year for the Blue Gum Art Show and relayed info there. 
I exhibited my acrylic painting "Snow Gum Brumbies" (top) and this time had it professionally framed before the art show and that decision paid off! It was 'SOLD' before 11am. It's always sad to see my paintings leave but I hope the new owner will enjoy it as much as I did painting it. Bye Brumbies... I also painted a fun mixed media painting titled 'Gerbera'. I used crackle medium in the centre and carefully glued sheer silk material to the base and top which had a blue background painted underneath. I madly painted the gerbera with acrylic paint using the tube as my brush so it has lots of texture. I have this one hanging in my home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment